Summers at Deadwood offers the perfect setting for any Idaho backcountry wilderness adventure in the remote Sawtooth range of the Boise National Forest. Enjoy abundant wildlife, horseback riding, photography, hiking, great fishing, delicious meals, and fresh mountain air. Deadwood Lodge is a magical place for everyone: Friends, families and individuals. Experience Idaho's breathtaking scenery in a peaceful setting surrounded by lush, green, river fed mountains. This playground is set by nature. We simply offer you many "Idaho Outdoor Adventures" to choose from and give you the equipment and benefit of our hospitality, experience and expertise to ensure lasting memories!
Plan your Idaho outdoor summer family vacation with us choosing from many wilderness activities that we can customize to fit your schedule and desires:
- Fantastic Idaho Fishing Trip with or without our Fishing Guides by power boat on two of Idaho's great fisheries: Pristine Deadwood Reservoir and beautiful Cascade Lake. There is also terrific Fly Fishing for trout on the pristine high mountain lakes, rivers and streams. Great fishing, great fly fishing, great scenery, and a great time on your Idaho fishing trip. $600/day + tax for a boat that comfortably fishes four people with our experienced fishing guides.
- Fly Fishing Seminar - June 2023 - There will be instruction for all levels and something to challenge everyone. Plenty of 1x1 time with instructors will be provided and lots of opportunity for different types of water. There will be classroom time and plenty of rod in hand fishing time.Cost: $950.00 + tax. Meals and rustic cabin accommodations incuded.
- Idaho Family Adventures - Accommodations at our base camp on the beautiful Deadwood River include nights in rustic cabins, wholesome, hearty meals tastefully prepared. Ride well-trained mountain horses along beautiful streams or to high mountain lakes. Choose extended or even an overnight horseback trip, or ride short distances from camp each day. You may choose to relax, fish, hike, photograph or practice your artistic talents. $210/Day + tax - PER PERSON. Call for a special group and children's rates that may apply. We can accommodate groups up to 30.
- Idaho Horseback Riding Vacation Trips - Ride well-trained horses along beautiful streams or to high mountain lakes. Choose extended or overnight horseback trail ride trips, or ride short distances from camp each day. We also offer two hour, half day, and full day trail rides. From $50 + tax per person for 1 hour rides.
- Idaho Pack-In Camping Vacation - Drop camp trips into the backcountry for those who want to be alone. This vacation can be arranged for a family or groups who choose to provide their own food and prepare it themselves. You will ride in and out of one of our camps on horseback and we will do all the packing of your personal items and food. We will set up a camp and cut the firewood to ensure you have a relaxing Idaho pack-in vacation. $850/Person + tax. Minimum party of four.
- Idaho Guided Pack Trips - This is camping like you have never experienced in areas rarely visited by outsiders, an experience never to be forgotten. A time to indulge your fishing fancy in beautiful high mountain lakes and streams - or a chance to photograph or video the scenery and wildlife of Backcountry Idaho - perhaps just a time to relax and "get away" - have a comfortable camp set up for you - enjoy excellent Dutch oven cooking. An Idaho guided pack trip experience of a lifetime. $360/Person/Day + tax.
- Idaho Photography Trips - Deadwood Outfitters is a photographer's dream location, with abundant wildlife, wildflowers, open meadows, mountains, and beautiful horses right at our wilderness lodge. Customized photography tours for your group and friends. You won't want to miss Deadwood Outfitters Annual Photography Clinic.
- Outdoor Survival School - August 2023 - Includes school instruction, rustic cabin lodging (bring your own bedding), meals and fun. This school is designed to teach your survival skills in the beautiful mountains of Central Idaho. It is targeted for youth ages 12 - 18 years old, but younger children are welcome if accompanied by a parent or adult. Families are also most welcome.
Contact Us Today
To play your vacation
guaranteed to create great
Paddle - We have arranged with Cascade Raft Company to offer river raft float trips on the Payette Rivers - these rivers have it all from a quiet, scenic float to some of the most challenging white water in North America. Choose a half-day float, full-day with lunch, or overnight. Services provided by Cascade Raft Company.
Saddle - Combine your Idaho River Rafting adventure with a Horseback Riding Trip. Enjoy the pristine wilderness of Idaho's "River of No Return." As you horseback ride with us from Deadwood River base camp you'll have the chance to see elk, deer, moose, bear cougar, and wolves. Your guide will point out points of interest along the trails in and around some of the most spectacular country in the Gem State.
Your Idaho Saddle & Paddle Vacation can be arranged to include a memorable stay at our base camp which offers comfortable rustic cabins and a lodge. Our family has offered services here since 1969, making us one of the oldest and most experienced outfitters in the state.
Content & Images Copyright 2001-2022. All Rights Reserved
Customized Idaho Outdoor Adventures
Guaranteed to Create Lasting Memories